Italian Christmas Bread Recipe
1. Wheat flour (800gm)
2. butter (150gm)
3. eggs (6)
4. milk (60ml)
5. raisins (60gm)
6. assorted finely minced candied fruits (70gm)
7. sugar (400gm)
8. butter (50gm)
9. yeast (15gm)
10. salt (a pinch)
Method of preparation:-
1. Take warm water in a bowl, add yeast in it and then add 200 grams of flour, scalded milk in it. Cover the bowl and keep it in warm place for a night.
2. In the morning, knead it and add 100 grams of flour in the bowl and little warm water if needed. Now keep it for at least 4 hours.
3. Soak raisins in warm water. Melt the butter in a pan, sugar, a pinch salt and water in the pan. Now add 2 full eggs and 4 egg whites in it. Mix it and then put remaining flour in this mixture.
4. Add candied fruits and raisins in the dough. Keep the dough for more 4 hours. Now place the dough on baking pan.
5. Place the pan in oven and bake it for 40 minutes at 180 degrees centigrade until the crust becomes golden brown. When it gets ready then serve it.