Blue Corn Biscotti Recipe
1. All purpose flour (2 ½ c)
2. yellow cornmeal (1/4c plus 2tbsp)
3. antisette or ambuca (2tbsp)
4. eggs (2large)
5. pecan pieces (3/4c)
6. granulated sugar (1 1/4c)
7. Stone-ground blue cornmeal (1/2 cup)
8. baking powder (1 1/2tsp)
9. salt (1/2tsp)
10. butter (2tbsp)
Method of preparation:-
1. First heat the oven to 375 degrees F. set a rack in it. Take an electric mixer, mix flour, yellow and blue cornmeal, salt, pecans, baking powder and sugar in the bowl of mixer. Mix it with mixer at low speed. Put butter in it and blend it.
2. When it gets blended, adds eggs and anisette and again beat it thoroughly to form dough of this mixture. Now place the dough on floured surface and shape the dough in rectangle shape.
3. Take a non stick baking sheet and lined it with parchment paper. Place the sheet in oven and bake it for 30 minutes or until it gets lightly brown and then cool it for 2 hours or for overnight. Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
4. Take a cutting board and cut the logs on it with serrated knife into ½ inch slices and then place them on the baking sheet pan and bake for 10 to 12 minutes until the edge get lightly brown.
5. Take off the sheet from oven and then place the biscotti on wire rack to cool them. Store them in air tight container.
Number of biscotti -25 to 30