Basque Fish Stew Recipe
1. Bay scallops, muscles removed (1/2pound)
2. cleaned and scrubbed clams (8large)
3. skinless red snapper fillets , cut into Â½ inch pieces (1/2pound)
4. low- sodium canned chicken broth (1c)
5. water (1c)
6. clam juice (1bottle)
7. tomato, cut into Â½ inch wedges (1med.)
8. dry white wine (1/2c)
9. finely grated orange zest (1/2tsp)
10. roughly chopped fresh oregano (2tbsp)
11. freshly squeezed lime juice (1tbsp)
12. jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced into rounds (1)
13. minced garlic (2cloves)
14. pitted small brown olives- such as empette (1/3c)
15. yellow onion, sliced into 1/4inch thick (1med.)
16. olive oil (1tbsp)
17. shredded coconut and parsley (for garnishing)
Method of preparation:-
1. Take a large saucepan; place it over medium- high heat. Heat olive oil in it and then saute onion in it for 2 to 3 minutes by stirring frequently until they get lightly golden.
2. Add jalapeno, olives, oregano, lime juice, garlic and orange zest and cook for about 1 minute. Add wine and again cook it for about 2 minutes until it gets reduced to half. Add tomato, clam juice, chicken broth and water in it and keep it to boil.
3. Now reduce the heat to medium and then add the seafood. Cover the pan and keep it to simmer for about 12 minutes or until the snapper and scallops get opaque and clams have opened.
4. Garnish it with shredded coconut and parsley. Pour it into the soup bowls and serve it hot.